- J.M. Ball and R.D. James, Proposed experimental test of a theory of fine microstructures and the two-well problem. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. A 338 (1992) 389-450. [CrossRef]
- J.M. Ball and F. Murat, W1,p-quasiconvexity and variational problems for multiple integrals. J. Funct. Anal. 58 (1984) 225-253. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K. Bhattacharya, Theory of martensitic microstructure and the shape-memory effect, unpublished lecture notes.
- K. Bhattacharya and R.V. Kohn, Elastic energy minimization and the recoverable strains of polycrystalline shape-memory materials. Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal. 139 (1998) 99-180. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Braides, Homogenization of some almost periodic coercive functional. Rend. Accad. Naz. Sci. Detta XL, V. Ser., Mem. Mat. 9 (1985) 313-322.
- O.P. Bruno and G.H. Goldsztein, A fast algorithm for the simulation of polycrystalline misfits: martensitic transformations in two space dimensions, Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond. Ser. A (to appear).
- O.P. Bruno and G.H. Goldsztein, Numerical simulation of martensitic transformations in two- and three-dimensional polycrystals, J. Mech. Phys. Solids (to appear).
- F. John and L. Nirenberg, On functions of bounded mean oscillation. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 14 (1961) 415-426. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- F. John, Rotation and strain. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 14 (1961) 391-413. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- F. John, Bounds for deformations in terms of average strains, in Inequalities III, O. Shisha Ed., Academic Press (1972) 129-143.
- F. John, Uniqueness of Non-Linear Elastic Equilibrium for Prescribed Boundary Displacements and Sufficiently Small Strains. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 25 (1972) 617-635. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- R.V. Kohn, The relaxation of a double-well energy. Continuum Mech. Thermodyn. 3 (1991) 193-236
- R.V. Kohn and V. Lods, in preparation (1999).
- R.V. Kohn and G. Strang, Optimal design and relaxation of variational problems II. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 34 (1986) 139-182. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- S. Müller, Homogenization of nonconvex integral functionals and cellular elastic materials. Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal. 99 (1987) 189-212.
- Y.C. Shu and K. Bhattacharya, The influence of texture on the shape-memory effect in polycrystals. Acta Mater. 46 (1998) 5457-5473. [CrossRef]
Volume 34, Number 2, March/April 2000Special issue for R. Teman's 60th birthday
|Page(s)||377 - 398|
|Published online||15 April 2002|