- V. Barbu, Optimal Control of Variational Inequalities. Res. Notes Math., Pitman, 100 (1984).
- B. Bayada and M. El Aalaoui Talibi, Control by the coefficients in a variational inequality: the inverse elastohydrodynamic lubrication problem. Report no. 173, I.N.S.A. Lyon (1994).
- A. Bensoussan, J.L. Lions and G. Papanicolaou, Asymptotic Analysis for Periodic Structures, North-Holland, Amsterdam (1978).
- M. Bergounioux, Optimal control problems governed by abstract elliptic variational inequalities with state constraints. SIAM J. Control Optim. 36 (1998) 273-289. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M. Bergounioux and H. Dietrich, Optimal control problems governed by obstacle type variational inequalities: a dual regularization penalization approach. J. Convex Anal. 5 (1998) 329-351. [MathSciNet]
- M. Bergounioux, K. Ito and K. Kunisch, Primal-dual strategy for constrained optimal control problems. SIAM J. Control Optim. 37 (1999) 1176-1194. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M. Bergounioux and F. Mignot, Optimal control of obstacle problems: existence of Lagrange multipliers. ESAIM: COCV 5 (2000) 45-70. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- A. Bermudez and C. Saguez, Optimality conditions for optimal control problems of variational inequalities, in: Control problems for systems described by partial differential equations and applications. I. Lasiecka and R. Triggiani Eds., Lect. Notes Control and Information Sciences, Springer, Berlin (1987).
- G. Capriz and G. Cimatti, Free boundary problems in the theory of hydrodynamic lubrication: a survey, in: Free Boundary Problems: Theory and Applications, Vol. II, A. Fasano and M. Primicerio Eds., Res. Notes Math., Pitman, 79 (1983).
- G. Cimatti, On a problem of the theory of lubrication governed by a variational inequality. Appl. Math. Optim. 3 (1977) 227-242. [CrossRef]
- F. Clarke, Optimization and Nonsmooth Analysis. Wiley-Interscience, New York (1983).
- J. Dennis and R. Schnabel, Numerical Methods for Unconstrained Optimization and Nonlinear Equations. Series in Computational Mathematics, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey (1983).
- F. Facchinei, A. Fischer and C. Kanzow, A semismooth Newton method for variational inequalities: the case of box constraints, in Complementarity and Variational Problems, State of the Art, M. Ferris and J. Pang Eds., SIAM, Philadelphia (1997).
- F. Facchinei, H. Jiang and L. Qi, A smoothing method for mathematical programs with equilibrium constraints. Math. Prog. 85 (1999) 107-134. [CrossRef]
- J. Guo, A variational inequality associated with a lubrication problem, IMA Preprint Series, no. 530 (1989).
- B. Hu, A quasi-variational inequality arising in elastohydrodynamics. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 21 (1990) 18-36. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K. Ito and K. Kunisch, On the injectivity and linearization of the coefficient-to-solution mapping for elliptic boundary value problems. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 188 (1994) 1040-1066. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K. Ito and K. Kunisch, Optimal control of elliptic variational inequalities. Appl. Math. Optim. 41 (2000) 343-364. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- W. Liu and J. Rubio, Optimality conditions for strongly monotone variational inequalities. Appl. Math. Optim. 27 (1993) 291-312. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Z. Luo, J. Pang and D. Ralph, Mathematical Programs with Equilibrium Constraints. Cambridge University Press, New York (1996).
- Z. Luo and P. Tseng, A new class of merit functions for the nonlinear complementarity problem, in Complementarity and Variational Problems, State of the Art, M. Ferris and J. Pang Eds., SIAM, Philadelphia (1997).
- F. Mignot and J.P. Puel, Optimal control in some variational inequalities. SIAM J. Control Optim. 22 (1984) 466-476. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
Volume 35, Number 1, January/February 2001
|Page(s)||129 - 152|
|Published online||15 April 2002|