- V. Alexiades and A.D. Solomon, Mathematical modeling of melting and freezing processes. Hemisphere Publishing Corporation, Washington (1993).
- H. Amann, Ordinary differential equations. An introduction to nonlinear analysis, Vol. 13 of De Gruyter Studies in Mathematics. Walter de Gruyter, Berlin (1990).
- E. Bänsch and A. Schmidt, A finite element method for dendritic growth, in Computational crystal growers workshop, J.E. Taylor Ed., AMS Selected Lectures in Mathematics (1992) 16-20.
- X. Chen, J. Hong and F. Yi, Existence, uniqueness, and regularity of classical solutions of the Mullins-Sekerka problem. Comm. Partial Differential Equations 21 (1996) 1705-1727. [MathSciNet]
- K. Deckelnick and G. Dziuk, Convergence of a finite element method for non-parametric mean curvature flow. Numer. Math. 72 (1995) 197-222. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J. Escher and G. Simonett, Classical solutions for Hele-Shaw models with surface tension. Adv. Differential Equations 2 (1997) 619-642. [MathSciNet]
- J. Escher and G. Simonett, Classical solutions for the quasi-stationary Stefan problem with surface tension, in Papers associated with the international conference on partial differential equations, Potsdam, Germany, June 29-July 2, 1996, M. Demuth et al. Eds., Vol. 100. Akademie Verlag, Math. Res., Berlin (1997) 98-104.
- L.C. Evans and R. Gariepy, Measure Theory and Fine Properties of Functions. CRC Press, Inc., 2000 Corporate Blvd., N.W., Boca Ratin, Stud. Adv. Math., 33431, Florida (1992).
- M. Fried, A level set based finite element algorithm for the simulation of dendritic growth. Submitted to Computing and Visualization in Science, Springer.
- M.E. Gurtin, Thermomechanics of evolving phase boundaries in the plane. Clarendon Press, Oxford (1993).
- J.S. Langer, Instabilities and pattern formation in crystal growth. Rev. Modern Phys. 52 (1980) 1-28. [CrossRef]
- W.W. Mullins and R.F. Sekerka, Stability of a planar interface during solidification of a dilute binary alloy. J. Appl. Phys. 35 (1964) 444-451. [CrossRef]
- L. Perko, Differential equations and dynamical systems. 2nd ed, Vol. 7 of Texts in Applied Mathematics. Springer, New York (1996).
- A. Schmidt, Computation of three dimensional dendrites with finite elements. J. Comput. Phys. 125 (1996) 293-312. [CrossRef]
- R.F. Sekerka, Morphological instabilities during phase transformations, in Phase transformations and material instabilities in solids, Proc. Conf., Madison/Wis. 1983. Madison 52, M. Gurtin Ed., Publ. Math. Res. Cent. Univ. Wis. (1984) 147-162.
- J. Strain, Velocity effects in unstable solidification. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 50 (1990) 1-15. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- G. Strang and G.J. Fix, An analysis of the finite element method. Prentice-Hall Series in Automatic Computation, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, N.J (1973).
- A. Veeser, Error estimates for semi-discrete dendritic growth. Interfaces Free Bound. 1 (1999) 227-255. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Visintin, Models of phase transitions, Vol. 28 of Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and Their Applications. Birkhäuser, Boston (1996).
- W.P. Ziemer, Weakly Differentiable Functions, Vol. 120 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics. Springer-Verlag, New York (1989).
Volume 36, Number 4, July/August 2002
|Page(s)||573 - 595|
|Published online||15 September 2002|