- B.O. Almroth, P. Stern and F.A. Brogan, Automatic choice of global shape functions in structural analysis. AIAA J. 16 (1978) 525–528. [CrossRef]
- J.A. Atwell and B.B. King, Proper orthogonal decomposition for reduced basis feedback controllers for parabolic equations. Math. Comput. Mod. 33 (2001) 1–19. [CrossRef]
- E. Balmes, Parametric families of reduced finite element models: Theory and applications. Mech. Syst. Signal Process. 10 (1996) 381–394. [CrossRef]
- E. Balsa-Canto, A.A. Alonso and J.R. Banga, Reduced-order models for nonlinear distributed process systems and their application in dynamic optimization. Indust. Engineering Chemistry Res. 43 (2004) 3353–3363. [CrossRef]
- H.T. Banks and K. Kunisch, Estimation Techniques for Distributed Parameter Systems. Systems & Control: Foundations & Applications. Birkhäuser (1989).
- M. Barrault, N.C. Nguyen, Y. Maday and A.T. Patera, An “empirical interpolation” method: Application to efficient reduced-basis discretization of partial differential equations. C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, Sér. I. 339 (2004) 667–672.
- A. Barrett and G. Reddien, On the reduced basis method. Z. Angew. Math. Mech. 75 (1995) 543–549. [MathSciNet]
- R. Becker and R. Rannacher, Weighted a posteriori error control in finite element methods. In ENUMATH 95 Proc. World Sci. Publ., Singapore (1997).
- D. Bertsimas and J.N. Tsitsiklis, Introduction to Linear Optimization. Athena Scientific (1997).
- E.A. Christensen, M. Brøns and J.N. Sørensen, Evaluation of proper orthogonal decomposition-based decomposition techniques applied to parameter-dependent nonturbulent flows. SIAM J. Sci. Comput. 21 (2000) 1419–1434. [CrossRef]
- W. Desch, F. Kappel and K. Kunisch, Eds., Control and Estimation of Distributed Parameter Systems, volume 126 of International Series of Numerical Mathematics. Birkhäuser (1998).
- N.H. El-Farra and P.D. Christofides, Coordinating feedback and switching for control of spatially distributed processes. Comput. Chemical Engineering 28 (2004) 111–128. [CrossRef]
- J.P. Fink and W.C. Rheinboldt, On the error behavior of the reduced basis technique for nonlinear finite element approximations. Z. Angew. Math. Mech. 63 (1983) 21–28. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M. Grepl, Reduced-Basis Approximations for Time-Dependent Partial Differential Equations: Application to Optimal Control. Ph.D. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2005) (in progress).
- K.-H. Hoffmann, G. Leugering and F. Tröltzsch, Eds., Optimal Control of Partial Differential Equations, volume 133 of International Series of Numerical Mathematics. Birkhäuser (1998).
- K. Ito and S.S. Ravindran, A reduced basis method for control problems governed by PDEs, in Control and Estimation of Distributed Parameter Systems, W. Desch, F. Kappel, and K. Kunisch Eds., Birkhäuser (1998) 153–168.
- K. Ito and S.S. Ravindran, A reduced-order method for simulation and control of fluid flows. J. Comput. Phys. 143 (1998) 403–425. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K. Ito and S.S. Ravindran, Reduced basis method for optimal control of unsteady viscous flows. Int. J. Comput. Fluid Dyn. 15 (2001) 97–113. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- S. Lall, J.E. Marsden and S. Glavaski, A subspace approach to balanced truncation for model reduction of nonlinear control systems. Int. J. Robust Nonlinear Control 12 (2002) 519–535. [CrossRef]
- M. Lin Lee, Estimation of the error in the reduced basis method solution of differential algebraic equation systems. SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 28 (1991) 512–528. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J.L. Lions, Optimal Control of Systems Governed by Partial Differential Equations. Springer (1971).
- L. Machiels, Y. Maday, I.B. Oliveira, A.T. Patera and D.V. Rovas, Output bounds for reduced-basis approximations of symmetric positive definite eigenvalue problems. C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, Sér. I 331 (2000) 153–158.
- Y. Maday, A.T. Patera and D.V. Rovas, A blackbox reduced-basis output bound method for noncoercive linear problems, in Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations and Their Applications, Collège de France Seminar Volume XIV, D. Cioranescu and J.-L. Lions Eds., Elsevier Science B.V. (2002) 533–569.
- M. Mattingly, E.A. Bailey, A.W. Dutton, R.B. Roemer and S. Devasia, Reduced-order modeling for hyperthermia: An extended balanced-realization-based approach. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering 45 (1998) 1154–1162. [CrossRef]
- M. Mattingly, R.B. Roemer and S. Devasia, Exact temperature tracking for hyperthermia: A model-based approach. IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology 8 (2000) 979–992. [CrossRef]
- B.C. Moore, Principal component analysis in linear systems: controllability, observability, and model reduction. IEEE Trans. Automat. Control 26 (1981) 17–32. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- D.A. Nagy, Modal representation of geometrically nonlinear behaviour by the finite element method. Comput. Structures 10 (1979) 683–688. [CrossRef]
- A.K. Noor and J.M. Peters, Reduced basis technique for nonlinear analysis of structures. AIAA J. 18 (1980) 455–462. [CrossRef]
- I.B. Oliveira and A.T. Patera, Reduced-basis techniques for rapid reliable optimization of systems described by affinely parametrized coercive elliptic partial differential equations. Optim. Engineering (2005) (submitted).
- H.M. Park, T.Y. Yoon and O.Y. Kim, Optimal control of rapid thermal processing systems by empirical reduction of modes. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 38 (1999) 3964–3975. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- J.S. Peterson, The reduced basis method for incompressible viscous flow calculations. SIAM J. Sci. Stat. Comput. 10 (1989) 777–786. [CrossRef]
- T.A. Porsching, Estimation of the error in the reduced basis method solution of nonlinear equations. Math. Comp. 45 (1985) 487–496. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- T.A. Porsching and M. Lin Lee, The reduced basis method for initial value problems. SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 24 (1987) 1277–1287. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- C. Prud'homme, D. Rovas, K. Veroy, Y. Maday, A.T. Patera and G. Turinici, Reliable real-time solution of parametrized partial differential equations: Reduced-basis output bound methods. J. Fluids Engineering 124 (2002) 70–80. [CrossRef]
- A. Quarteroni and A. Valli, Numerical Approximation of Partial Differential Equations. Springer, 2nd edition (1997).
- S.S. Ravindaran, A reduced-order approach for optimal control of fluids using proper orthogonal decomposition. Int. J. Numer. Meth. Fluids 34 (2000) 425–448. [CrossRef]
- W.C. Rheinboldt, On the theory and error estimation of the reduced basis method for multi-parameter problems. Nonlinear Anal. 21 (1993) 849–858. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- D.V. Rovas, L. Machiels and Y. Maday, Reduced-basis output bound methods for parabolic problems. IMA J. Appl. Math. (2005) (submitted).
- D.V. Rovas, Reduced-Basis Output Bound Methods for Parametrized Partial Differential Equations. Ph.D. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA (2002).
- L. Sirovich and M. Kirby, Low-dimensional procedure for the characterization of human faces. J. Opt. Soc. Amer. A 4 (1987) 519–524. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- K. Veroy and A.T. Patera, Certified real-time solution of the parametrized steady incompressible navier-stokes equations; Rigorous reduced-basis a posteriori error bounds. Internat. J. Numer. Methods Fluids (2005) (to appear).
- K. Veroy, C. Prud'homme and A.T. Patera, Reduced-basis approximation of the viscous Burgers equation: Rigorous a posteriori error bounds. C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, Sér. I 337 (2003) 619–624.
- K. Veroy, C. Prud'homme, D.V. Rovas and A.T. Patera, A posteriori error bounds for reduced-basis approximation of parametrized noncoercive and nonlinear elliptic partial differential equations (AIAA Paper 2003–3847), in Proceedings of the 16th AIAA Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference (June 2003).
- K. Veroy, D. Rovas and A.T. Patera, A Posteriori error estimation for reduced-basis approximation of parametrized elliptic coercive partial differential equations: “Convex inverse" bound conditioners. ESAIM: COCV 8 (2002) 1007–1028. Special Volume: A tribute to J.-L. Lions. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- K. Willcox and J. Peraire, Balanced model reduction via the proper orthogonal decomposition, in 15th AIAA Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, AIAA (June 2001).
Volume 39, Number 1, January-February 2005
|Page(s)||157 - 181|
|Published online||15 March 2005|