- W. Allegretto and H. Xie, A non-local thermistor problem. Eur. J. Appl. Math. 6 (1995) 83–94.
- W. Allegreto, Y. Lin and A. Zhou, A box scheme for coupled systems resulting from microsensor thermistor problems. Dynam. Contin. Discret. S. 5 (1999) 209–223.
- W. Allegreto, Y. Lin and S. Ma, Existence and long time behaviour of solutions to obstacle thermistor equations. Discrete Contin. Dyn. S. 8 (2002) 757–780. [CrossRef]
- S.N. Antontsev and M. Chipot, The thermistor problem: existence, smoothness, uniqueness, blowup. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 25 (1994) 1128–1156. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A.R. Bahadir, Application of cubic B-spline finite element technique to the thermistor problem. Appl. Math. Comput. 149 (2004) 379–387. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Bermúdez, M.C. Muñiz and P. Quintela, Numerical solution of a three-dimensional thermoelectric problem taking place in an aluminum electrolytic cell. Comput. Method Appl. M. 106 (1993) 129–142. [CrossRef]
- O. Chau, J.R. Fernández, W. Han and M. Sofonea, A frictionless contact problem for elastic-viscoplastic materials with normal compliance and damage. Comput. Method Appl. M. 191 (2002) 5007–5026. [CrossRef]
- X. Chen, Existence and regularity of solutions of a nonlinear degenerate elliptic system arising from a thermistor problem. J. Partial Differential Equations 7 (1994) 19–34. [MathSciNet]
- P.G. Ciarlet, The finite element method for elliptic problems, in Handbook of Numerical Analysis, Vol. II, Part 1, P.G. Ciarlet and J.L. Lions Eds., North Holland (1991) 17–352.
- G. Cimatti, Remark on the existence and uniqueness for the thermistor problem under mixed boundary conditions. Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Math. 47 (1989) 117–121.
- G. Duvaut and J.L. Lions, Inequalities in Mechanics and Physics, Springer, New-York (1976).
- J.R. Fernández, K.L. Kuttler, M.C. Muñiz and M. Shillor, A model and simulations of the thermoviscoelastic thermistor. Eur. J. Appl. Math. (submitted).
- W. Han and M. Sofonea, Quasistatic contact problems in viscoelasticity and viscoplasticity, Americal Mathematical Society–International Press (2002).
- S.D. Howison, A note on the thermistor problem in two space dimension. Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Math. 47 (1989) 509–512.
- S.D. Howison, J. Rodrigues and M. Shillor, Stationary solutions to the thermistor problem. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 174 (1993) 573–588. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- S. Kutluay, A.R. Bahadir and A. Ozdeć, A variety of finite difference methods to the thermistor with a new modified electrical conductivity. Appl. Math. Comput. 106 (1999) 205–213. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- S. Kutluay, A.R. Bahadir and A. Ozdeć, Various methods to the thermistor problem with a bulk electrical conductivity. Int. J. Numer. Method. Engrg. 45 (1999) 1–12. [CrossRef]
- S. Kutluay and E. Esen, A B-spline finite element method for the thermistor problem with the modified electrical conductivity. Appl. Math. Comput. 156 (2004) 621–632. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- S. Kutluay and A.S. Wood, Numerical solutions of the thermistor problem with a ramp electrical conductivity. Appl. Math. Comput. 148 (2004) 145–162. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K.L. Kuttler, M. Shillor and J.R. Fernández, Existence for the thermoviscoelastic thermistor problem. Differential Equations Dynam. Systems (to appear).
- H. Xie and W. Allegretto, solutions of a class of nonlinear degenerate elliptic systems arising in the thermistor problem. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 22 (1991) 1491–1499. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- X. Xu, The thermistor problem with conductivity vanishing for large temperature. P. Roy. Soc. Edinb. A 124 (1994) 1–21.
- X. Xu, On the existence of bounded temperature in the thermistor problem with degeneracy. Nonlinear Anal. 42 (2000) 199–213. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- X. Xu, On the effects of thermal degeneracy in the thermistor problem. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 35 (4) (2003) 1081–1098.
- X. Xu, Local regularity theorems for the stationary thermistor problem. P. Roy. Soc. Edinb. A 134 (2004) 773–782. [CrossRef]
- S. Zhou and D.R. Westbrook, Numerical solutions of the thermistor equations. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 79 (1997) 101–118. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
Volume 40, Number 2, March-April 2006
|Page(s)||353 - 366|
|Published online||21 June 2006|