- K.T. Andrews, M. Shillor and S. Wright, On the dynamic vibrations of an elastic beam in frictional contact with a rigid obstacle. J. Elasticity 42 (1996) 1–30. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K.T. Andrews, L. Chapman, J.R. Fernández, M. Fisackerly, M. Shillor, L. Vanerian and T. VanHouten, A membrane in adhesive contact. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 64 (2003) 152–169. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K.T. Andrews, J.R. Fernández and M. Shillor, A thermoviscoelastic beam with a tip body. Comput. Mech. 33 (2004) 225–234. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K.T. Andrews, J.R. Fernández and M. Shillor, Numerical analysis of dynamic thermoviscoelastic contact with damage of a rod. IMA J. Appl. Math. 70 (2005) 768–795. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Bermúdez and C. Moreno, Duality methods for solving variational inequalities. Comput. Math. Appl. 7 (1981) 43–58. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M. Campo, J.R. Fernández and J.M. Viaño, Numerical analysis and simulations of a quasistatic frictional contact problem with damage. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 192 (2006) 30–39. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- O. Chau, J.R. Fernández, W. Han and M. Sofonea, A frictionless contact problem for elastic-viscoplastic materials with normal compliance and damage. Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Eng. 191 (2002) 5007–5026. [CrossRef]
- X. Cheng and W. Han, Inexact Uzawa algorithms for variational inequalities of the second kind. Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Eng. 192 (2003) 1451–1462. [CrossRef]
- P.G. Ciarlet, The finite element method for elliptic problems, in Handbook of Numerical Analysis, P.G. Ciarlet and J.L. Lions Eds., Vol. II (1991) 17–352.
- G. Duvaut and J.L. Lions, Inequalities in mechanics and physics. Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1976).
- J.R. Fernández, M. Shillor and M. Sofonea, Numerical analysis and simulations of quasistatic frictional wear of a beam (submitted).
- A.C. Galucio, J.-F. Deü and R. Ohayon, Finite element formulation of viscoelastic sandwich beams using fractional derivative operators. Comput. Mech. 33 (2004) 282–291. [CrossRef]
- R. Glowinski, Numerical methods for nonlinear variational problems. Springer, New York (1984).
- W. Han and M. Sofonea, Quasistatic contact problems in viscoelasticity and viscoplasticity. American Mathematical Society-Intl. Press (2002).
- W. Han, K.L. Kuttler, M. Shillor and M. Sofonea, Elastic beam in adhesive contact. Int. J. Solids Struct. 39 (2002) 1145–1164. [CrossRef]
- A. Klarbring, A. Mikelić and M. Shillor, Frictional contact problems with normal compliance. Int. J. Eng. Sci. 26 (1988) 811–832. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K.L. Kuttler, A. Park, M. Shillor and W. Zhang, Unilateral dynamic contact of two beams. Math. Comput. Model. 34 (2001) 365–384. [CrossRef]
- T.A. Laursen, Computational contact and impact mechanics: fundamentals of modeling interfacial phenomena in nonlinear finite element analysis. Springer, Berlin (2002).
- P.D. Panagiotopoulos, Inequality problems in mechanics and applications. Convex and nonconvex energy functions. Birkhäuser Boston, Boston (1985).
- I. Romero, The interpolation of rotations and its application to finite element models of geometrically exact rods. Comput. Mech. 34 (2004) 121–133. [MathSciNet]
- I. Romero and F. Armero, An objective finite element approximation of the kinematics of geometrically exact rods and its use in the formulation of an energy-momentum conserving scheme in dynamics. Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng. 54 (2002) 1683–1716. [CrossRef]
- M. Sofonea, M. Shillor and R. Touzani, Quasistatic frictional contact and wear of a beam. Dyn. Contin. Discrete I. 8 (2000) 201–218.
- G.E. Stavroulakis and H. Antes, Nonlinear boundary equation approach for inequality 2-D elastodynamics. Eng. Anal. Bound. Elem. 23 (1999) 487–501. [CrossRef]
- P. Wriggers, Computational contact mechanics. John Wiley and Sons Ltd (2002).
- H.W. Zhang, S.Y. He, X.S. Li and P. Wriggers, A new algorithm for numerical solution of 3D elastoplastic contact problems with orthotropic friction law. Comput. Mech. 34 (2004) 1–14.
Volume 40, Number 2, March-April 2006
|Page(s)||295 - 310|
|Published online||21 June 2006|