- I. Babuska, G. Caloz and J. Osborn, Special finite element methods for a class of second order elliptic problems with rough coefficients. SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 31 (1994) 945–981. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Z. Chen and T.Y. Hou, A mixed multiscale finite element method for elliptic problem with oscillating coefficients. Math. Comp. 72 (2003) 541–576. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Z. Chen and X. Yue, Numerical homogenization of well singularities in the flow transport through heterogeneous porous media. Multiscale Model. Simul. 1 (2003) 260–303. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- L.J. Durlofsky, Numerical-calculation of equivalent grid block permeability tensors for heterogeous porous media. Water Resour. Res. 27 (1991) 699–708. [CrossRef]
- L.J. Durlofsky, W.J. Milliken and A. Bernath, Scale up in the Near-Well Region, SPE 51940, in Proceedings of the 15th SPE Symposium on Reservoir Simulation, Houston, February (1999) 14–17.
- W. E and B. Engquist, The heterogeneous multiscale methods. Commun. Math. Sci. 1 (2003) 87–132. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Y.R. Efendiev, T.Y. Hou and X.H. Wu, The convergence of non-conforming multiscale finite element methods. SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 37 (2000) 888–910. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Gloria, A direct approach to numerical homogenization in finite elasticity. Netw. Heterog. Media 1 (2006) 109–141. [MathSciNet]
- A. Gloria, A analytical framework for the numerical homogenization of monotone elliptic operators and quasiconvex energies. Multiscale Model. Simul. 5 (2006) 996–1043. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- T.Y. Hou and X.H. Wu, A multiscale finite element method for elliptic problems in composite materials and porous media. J. Comput. Phys. 134 (1997) 169–189. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- T.Y. Hou, X.H. Wu and Z. Cai, Convergence of a multiscale finite element method for elliptic problems with rapidly oscillating coefficients. Math. Comp. 68 (1999) 913–943.
- V.V. Jikov, S.M. Kozlov and O.A. Oleinik, Homogenization of Differential Operators and Integral Functionals. Springer, Berlin (1994).
- O. Mascarenhas and L.J. Durlofsky, Scale up in the vicinity of horizontal wells, in Proceedings of the 20th Annual International Energy Agency Workshop and Symposium, Paris, September (1999) 22–24.
- A.M. Matache, I. Babuska and C. Schwab, Generalized p-FEM in homogenization. Numer. Math. 86 (2000) 319–375. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- D.W. Peaceman, Interpretation of well-block pressures in numerical reservoir simulations. Soc. Pet. Eng. J. 18 (1978) 183–194.
- X.H. Wen and J.J. Gomez-Hernandez, Upscaling hydraulic conductivities in heterogeneous media: an overview. J. Hydrol. 183 (1996) ix–xxxii.
Volume 41, Number 5, September-October 2007
|Page(s)||945 - 957|
|Published online||23 October 2007|