- R. Alicandro, A. Braides and M. Cicalese, Continuum limits of discrete films with superlinear growth densities. Calc. Var. Par. Diff. Eq. 33 (2008) 267–297. [CrossRef]
- S. Aubry, The twist map, the extended Frenkel-Kontorova model and the devil's staircase. Physica D 7 (1983) 240–258. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- X. Blanc, C. Le Bris and P.L. Lions, From molecular models to continuum mechanics. Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal. 164 (2002) 341–381. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Braides and M. Cicalese, Surface energies in nonconvex discrete systems. Math. Models Meth. Appl. Sci. 17 (2007) 985–1037. [CrossRef]
- A. Braides and A. DeFranchesi, Homogenisation of multiple integrals. Oxford University Press (1998).
- A. Braides and M. Gelli, Continuum limits of discrete systems without convexity hypotheses. Math. Mech. Solids 7 (2002) 41–66. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Braides, M. Solci and E. Vitali, A derivation of linear alastic energies from pair-interaction atomistic systems. Netw. Heterog. Media 9 (2007) 551–567.
- J. Cahn, J. Mallet-Paret and E. Van Vleck, Travelling wave solutions for systems of ODEs on a two-dimensional spatial lattice. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 59 (1998) 455–493. [CrossRef]
- M. Charlotte and L. Truskinovsky, Linear elastic chain with a hyper-pre-stress. J. Mech. Phys. Solids 50 (2002) 217–251. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- W. E and P. Ming, Cauchy-Born rule and the stability of crystalline solids: static problems. Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal. 183 (2005) 241–297.
- I. Fonseca and S. Müller, A uniqueness proof for the Wulff theorem. Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh Sect. A 119 (1991) 125–136. [MathSciNet]
- G. Friesecke and F. Theil, Validitity and failure of the Cauchy-Born rule in a two-dimensional mass-spring lattice. J. Nonlinear Sci. 12 (2002) 445–478. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- G. Friesecke, R. James and S. Müller, A theorem on geometric rigidity and the derivation of nonlinear plate theory from three-dimensional elasticity. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 55 (2002) 1461–1506. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- D. Gérard-Varet and N. Masmoudi, Homogenization and boundary layer. Preprint available at www.math.nyu.edu/faculty/masmoudi/homog_Varet3.pdf (2010).
- P. Lancaster and L. Rodman, Algebraic Riccati Equations. Oxford University Press (1995).
- J.L. Lions, Some methods in the mathematical analysis of systems and their controls. Science Press, Beijing, Gordon and Breach, New York (1981).
- J.A. Nitsche, On Korn's second inequality. RAIRO Anal. Numér. 15 (1981) 237–248. [MathSciNet]
- C. Radin, The ground state for soft disks. J. Stat. Phys. 26 (1981) 367–372.
- B. Schmidt, A derivation of continuum nonlinear plate theory from atomistic models. Multiscale Mod. Sim. 5 (2006) 664–694. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- B. Schmidt, On the passage from atomic to continuum theory for thin films. Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal. 190 (2008) 1–55. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- B. Schmidt, On the derivation of linear elasticity from atomistic models. Net. Heterog. Media 4 (2009) 789–812. [CrossRef]
- E. Sonntag, Mathematical Control Theory. Second edition, Springer (1998).
- L. Tartar, The general theory of homogenization. Springer (2010).
- F. Theil, A proof of crystallization in a two dimensions. Comm. Math. Phys. 262 (2006) 209–236. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
Volume 45, Number 5, September-October 2011
|Page(s)||873 - 899|
|Published online||23 February 2011|