Volume 46, Number 5, September-October 2012
|Page(s)||1121 - 1146|
|Published online||13 February 2012|
- G. Allaire, Homogenization and two-scale convergence. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 23, (1992) 1482–1518. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M. Avellaneda and F.-H. Lin, Compactness methods in the theory of homogenization. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 40 (1987) 803–847. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Bensoussan, J.L. Lions and G. Papanicolaou, Asymptotic Analysis for Periodic Structures, Studies in Mathematics and its Applications 5. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1978)
- E. Bonnetier and M. Vogelius, An elliptic regularity result for a composite medium with “touching” fibers of circular cross-section. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 31 (2000) 651–677. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- B.V. Boyarsky, Generalized solutions of a system of differential equations of the first order of elliptic type with discontinuous coefficients. Mat. Sb. N. S. 43 (1957) 451–503. [MathSciNet]
- L.A. Caffarelli and I. Peral, On W1,p estimates for elliptic equations in divergence form, Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 51 (1998) 1–21. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J. Carlos-Bellido, A. Donoso and P. Pedregal, Optimal design in conductivity under locally constrained heat flux. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 195 (2010) 333–351. [CrossRef]
- J. Casado-Diaz, J. Couce-Calvo and J.D. Martin-Gomez, Relaxation of a control problem in the coefficients with a functional of quadratic growth in the gradient. SIAM J. Control Optim. 47 (2008) 1428–1459. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M. Chipot, D. Kinderlehrer and L. Vergara-Caffarelli, Smoothness of linear laminates. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 96 (1985) 81–96.
- E. De Giorgi and S. Spagnolo, Sulla convergenza degli integrali dell’ energia peroperatori ellittici del secondo ordine. Boll. UMI 8 (1973) 391–411.
- P. Duysinx and M.P. Bendsoe, Topology optimization of continuum structures with local stress constraints. Internat. J. Numer. Math. Engrg. 43 (1998) 1453–1478. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- D. Faraco, Milton’s conjecture on the regularity of solutions to isotropic equations. Ann. Inst. Henri Poincare, Nonlinear Analysis 20 (2003) 889–909. [CrossRef]
- D. Fujii, B.C. Chen and N. Kikuchi, Composite material design of two-dimensional structures using the homogenization design method. Internat. J. Numer. Methods Engrg. 50 (2001) 2031–2051. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- D. Gilbarg and N.S. Trudinger, Elliptic partial differential equations of second order. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, New York (2001).
- J.H. Gosse and S. Christensen, Strain invariant failure criteria for polymers in composite materials. AIAA (2001) 1184.
- V.V. Jikov, S.M. Kozlov and O.A. Oleinik, Homogenization of Differential Operators and Integral Functionals. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, New York (1994).
- S. Jimenez and R. Lipton, Correctors and field fluctuations for the pϵ(x)-Laplacian with rough exponents. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 372 (2010) 448–469. [CrossRef]
- A. Kelly and N.H. Macmillan, Strong Solids. Monographs on the Physics and Chemistry of Materials. Clarendon Press, Oxford, (1986).
- F. Leonetti and V. Nesi, Quasiconformal solutions to certain first order systems and the proof of a conjecture of G.W. Milton. J. Math. Pures. Appl. 76 (1997) 109–124. [CrossRef]
- Y.Y. Li and L. Nirenberg, Estimates for elliptic systems from composite material. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. LVI (2003) 892–925. [CrossRef]
- Y.Y. Li and M. Vogelius, Gradient estimates for solutions to divergence form elliptic equations with discontinuous coefficients. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 153 (2000) 91–151. [CrossRef]
- R. Lipton, Assessment of the local stress state through macroscopic variables. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. Ser. A 361 (2003) 921–946. [CrossRef]
- R. Lipton, Bounds on the distribution of extreme values for the stress in composite materials. J. Mech. Phys. Solids 52 (2004) 1053–1069. [CrossRef]
- R. Lipton, Homogenization and design of functionally graded composites for stiffness and strength, in Nonlinear Homogenization and its Applications to Composites, Polycrystals and Smart Materials, edited by P.P. Castaneda et al., Kluwer Academic Publishers, Netherlands (2004) 169–192.
- R. Lipton, Homogenization and field concentrations in heterogeneous media. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 38 (2006) 1048–1059. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- R. Lipton and M. Stuebner, Inverse homogenization and design of microstructure for point wise stress control. Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Math. 59 (2006) 139–161. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- R. Lipton and M. Stuebner, Optimal design of composite structures for strength and stiffness : an inverse homogenization approach. Struct. Multidisc. Optim. 33 (2007) 351–362. [CrossRef]
- R. Lipton and M. Stuebner, A new method for design of composite structures for strength and stiffness, 12th AIAA/ISSMO Multidisciplinary Analysis & Optimization Conference. American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Paper AIAA, Victoria British Columbia, Canada (2008) 5986.
- A.J. Markworth, K.S. Ramesh and W.P. Parks, Modelling studies applied to functionally graded materials. J. Mater. Sci. 30 (1995) 2183–2193. [CrossRef]
- N. Meyers, An Lp-Estimate for the gradient of solutions of second order elliptic divergence equations. Annali della Scuola Norm. Sup. Pisa 17 (1963) 189–206.
- G.W. Milton, Modeling the properties of composites by laminates, edited by J. Erickson, D. Kinderleher, R.V. Kohn and J.L. Lions. Homogenization and Effective Moduli of Materials and Media, IMA Volumes in Mathematics and Its Applications 1 (1986) 150–174.
- F. Murat and L. Tartar, Calcul des Variations et Homogénéisation, Les Méthodes de l’Homogénéisation : Théorie et Applications en Physique, edited by D. Bergman et al. Collection de la Direction des Études et Recherches d’Electricité de France 57 (1985) 319–369.
- G. Nguetseng, A general convergence result for a functional related to the theory of homogenization. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 20 (1989) 608–623. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- R.J. Nuismer and J.M. Whitney, Uniaxial failure of composite laminates containing stress concentrations, in Fracture Mechanics of Composites, ASTM Special Technical Publication, American Society for Testing and Materials 593 (1975) 117–142.
- Y. Ootao, Y. Tanigawa and O. Ishimaru, Optimization of material composition of functionally graded plate for thermal stress relaxation using a genetic algorithim. J. Therm. Stress. 23 (2000) 257–271. [CrossRef]
- G. Papanicolaou and S.R.S. Varadhan, Boundary value problems with rapidly oscillating random coefficients, Random fields, Rigorous results in statistical mechanics and quantum field theory, Esztergom 1979. Colloq. Math. Soc. Janos Bolyai 27 (1981) 835–873.
- E. Sanchez-Palencia, Non Homogeneous Media and Vibration Theory. Springer, Heidelberg (1980).
- S. Spagnolo, Convergence in Energy for Elliptic Operators, Proceedings of the Third Symposium on Numerical Solutions of Partial Differential Equations, edited by B. Hubbard. College Park (1975); Academic Press, New York (1976) 469–498.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.